Resolutions


I don't know about you, but I don't make resolutions anymore. I am still hanging onto the ten pounds I was suppose to lose three resolutions ago. I still eat chocolate when I want chocolate. Instead of pushing and taking lessons to further my riding skills, I have just been having fun with my horse this past year. I don't feel guilty either. Heck, maybe I should have candy bars in my pocket so I can eat chocolate while I'm playing with my horse. Losing ten pounds will be great when I decide to do it. Not by imposing an ultimatum on myself, that will end in failure and guilt, when I don't get it done under the "New Years Resolution" rules.
Don't get me wrong, I ALWAYS have goals I want to reach in several areas of my life and work towards them on a constant basis. I try to keep my ducks going in the right direction and in some semblance of a row. As long as I do that, I realized I don't need to impose any new rules on myself for a new year. I'm pretty happy with what I'm working towards, and I like eating chocolate when I want chocolate. It makes me happy, and isn't that the idea after all ? HaPpY NeW YeAR everyone !!!!!

Comments

  1. I like eating chocolate too, but I've decided that my goal for this year was to catch and eat a walleye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spitting new years chocolate all over my screen while reading, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I would just proofread what I've written, I wouldn't have to delete comments because of spelling errors! Ha, ha, ha:)

    I eat chocolate when I want to so I have more than 10 pounds to lose:)
    Do what makes you happy!
    Here's to a wonderful 2009!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you...bring on the chocolate! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, I prefer making a list of things to accomplish, seems to work better for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too am a chocolate lover....ahhhh! What would life be without chocolate?
    Ride on!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Free necklace

Belle Starr's Grave

Amarillo by afternoon.....