Miss Stephanie rides again....


If you have never heard of Pam Fowler Grace or Pay N'Go , be sure to read this article Pam and Pay N' Go You can also google Pam for more articles about her. She got Pay N' Go from some cowboys who couldn't do anything with him, and turned him into a major player in the dressage world, he even has a Breyer made after him. Some years ago, I got the privilege, of taking a dressage lesson from Pam. I was a member of a small dressage club that flew her in for a clinic. I was one of the ones there to pick her up from the airport, and we laughed all the way back to Norman as she told us funny stories about Pay N' Go. One of my favorites, was how he stuck his tongue out {sideways} at the judges, at his first dressage show, as they rode by. Pam is a very nice lady, friendly and fun.
I still had Pockets back then, so that was who I was riding in my lesson. For those who don't know, my first name is Tracey. Now Pam did not know me, except for meeting me at the airport, and as she gave instruction for our lesson, pockets and I did our best to comply. As we rode by she said "Good Stephanie...." I just ignored that, an honest mistake, and kept working. But as the lesson went on, with more " Good Stephanies," my friends who were watching, were snickering everytime she said it, so it was making me laugh. Thus the persona of "Miss Stephanie" was born.
Anyway, Pam and "Stephanie" finished discussing the lesson and we were done. Later that evening, Pam realized her mistake, and we had a good laugh about it. Of course the damage was done, and now I was "Miss Stephanie," to my friends. So at our Halloween horse show that year, I dressed and showed up as "Miss Stephanie," complete with a little southern drawl accent. Stephanie went on to write a couple of articles in the club newsletter, but I haven't seen her for quite some time.



Comments

  1. LOL, that's funny! Love the story, Miss Stephanie!!!
    Jane and Gilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOooh, so can we still call you "Miss Stephanie" :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Free necklace

Belle Starr's Grave

My Little Adventure