We the people


Last week I spent tuesday at the state capitol building, lobbying for a puppy mill bill here in Oklahoma. It would help eliminate those horrid people and their cruel treatment of dogs plus hopefully, make a difference to the pet overpoulation here. By the way, just so everyone knows, all my rescue dogs are fixed. Now, I love my state, and there are many great things about it, but unfortunately it is hard to get animal welfare things accomplished here. I would say it surprises me because we have so many nice, and animal loving people here, I meet them all the time. But, the fact is they aren't "the powers that be." The two senators I met with, were very gracious to me, and listened carefully to what I had to say. They both told me straight out they were voting to support the bill. The puppy mill people were there is full force,{the phrase of the day was "self restraint"} but I am proud to say the bill passed the senate and is on its way to the governor. I am so pleased that this passed, it gives me hope, that we can get more accomplished for the animals here.

This statue in front of the building is a tribute to the brush riders, I forgot my camera, so these were pulled from the internet.


Inside the rotunda. I believe our state was the last capitol building to get a dome. An indian bronze stands at the top called "The Guardian." For those who think there are still cowboys and indians running wild here, I wish it were true, I would love to watch.

Comments

  1. That is great that you are doing so much for animals!! Bravo! And yes, it is sad that some places are not conscious regarding their full effect on animals, and that they would continue harming them for their own gain.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Free necklace

Belle Starr's Grave

My Little Adventure