Create a memory jar


A few years ago, we lost two members of the family back to back. When I attended the funerals, I took a sprig of the flowers. I didn't just want them to be pressed in a book never seen, so I created a memory jar for them. Mine are woodland scenes with the special flowers as backdrops. Click on the photo for a closer view. I added abandoned nests and hatched eggs, things from my own place. The butterflies were gone, and so lovely I placed them in too. The third jar is simple with, a rice base, a lost butterfly, and wing, a nest and feather that holds a vintage brooch of my sister's I had admired. She left it to me, and this is how I enjoy it. A vintage bracelet adorns the top. Anything clear with a lid will do, that way things stay dust free, just dust the outside of the jars. They look nice displayed on a cake stand too. You can make yours in any style with your choosen items, and they can be created just to remember a special event. One last tip, to quickly and nicely dry flowers, put them in the trunk of a car on a hot day for a couple of hours.


Comments

  1. Wow! You get some gorgeous butterflies around your place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to remember someone special! These look so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! What a great idea, the options are endless with these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an awesome idea! I really love your blog.

    www.theordinaryhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea, I'm going to keep this mind. I've got a rose that I kept from my grannie's funeral but it's just hidden away in a mini cedar jewelry box right now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Free necklace

Belle Starr's Grave

Amarillo by afternoon.....