In the news


This is a shameless plug for my brother Mason Dunn, who flies one of our local news helicopters. He has been featured on CNN for tonado coverage, and recognized by PETA for saving a deer stranded on a frozen lake bed. If you haven't seen the video, go to UTUBE and type in his name. The deer had been there for hours with rescuers on the banks, who had been trying to help it with no success. He knew how to position the blades to create enough force to safely blow the deer across the ice. You will also see some amazing tornado videos. He has worked to help fire crews, and always goes back to check on animals trapped by wildfires to make sure they were saved. There have been a couple of times he was over my house on the job, a close fire and a bad storm. All which turned out okay, but I have asked him not to visit on business anymore ! He is one of my heroes, and he does a fabulous job.

Comments

  1. That is very cool. That must be a very exciting job to have. The story of the deer is great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This gave me goosebumps! What a very sweet post about your brother. I'm very close with my 'baby' brother so I understand how you can be so proud of him :)

    Plug away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! What a cool brother with a cool job!! I have three brothers, but none has near as an excting job as your brother (a banker, actuary and a waterproofer!). Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! Thanks for your comments on my lemon pound cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great story. It must be exciting to have him in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AW- AWESOME. Kudos to him for saving the deer.

    also sorry you had to see the drab photo of my happt flower. i changed the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to go take a look at the video.

    Thank you for your prayers for Joe! He's such a good boy and he really does deserve to find a home.

    I love your vintage jewelry, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your great blog! We'd like to invite you to join our DogTime Blog Network.

    DogTime is the largest online community of animal lovers with nearly 8.2 million unique visitors per month and over 150 member sites across the pet category. Please visit www.Dogtime.com to learn more about our mission.

    As a DogTime Blog Star many more pet enthusiasts will see and read your blog and provide you with the opportunity to share your love of animals. Once the network is up and running (in the next week) there will also be an opportunity to qualify to make advertising revenue.

    Participation is simple, as we will use your existing RSS feed to feature your blog and posts. If you would like to participate simply reply to this email with the URL of your RSS feed.

    For more details about the benefits of participating in the DogTime Blog Network please refer to our FAQs here:

    http://dogtime.com/dogtime-blog-network-faq.html.

    Thanks, and we hope you Find Your Wag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe I have seen the video you are talking about, I thought it was wonderful! what a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome. Not everyone would have put themselves in possible danger to save an animal. I'm glad the world has him!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Free necklace

Belle Starr's Grave

Amarillo by afternoon.....