Side saddle dressage


This is a fabulous vintage side saddle photo postcard in the Museum of Performing Arts collection. {Click on the image to enlarge} I have never seen a capriole, {dressage schooled leap, in which the horse kicks out with its hind legs, as it leaps forward in the air} performed sidesaddle before this ! I thought it would make a "bewitching" Halloween painting to make her into a witch on a flying horse. However Jennifer MacNeil of Gypsy Mare Studios[link to the right & below} is like the queen of Halloween artworks, check out her enchanting creations on her blog and website. So I will let her act on that idea if she likes it, and I will paint her as an Ice, or Snow Queen on a flying horse. Who knows, maybe we can see how two different artists will translate the same inspiration.

Comments

  1. To me riding side saddle seems incredibly brave. That is a riveting photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me how much I miss horses and wish I had ridden for a larger part of my life.

    Riding side saddle is on my list of things I would love to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day, I will be as good as her!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool postcard. stil to this day I don't get how anyone can ride side saddle -- I swear I would fal right off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! It is a really cool photo. Thank you for letting us see it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing photo! Riding side saddle must be so difficult.
    Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comment. Our dog Jackson is a rescue Fox Terrier and was mistreated by his previous owners. He's come a long way since we offered him a home. He even has his OWN blog if you're interested: http://jacksonsworld-jackson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Free necklace

Belle Starr's Grave

My Little Adventure